Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

More about CPSA

To answer some of the questions posted, you can see more about the show, and last year's show, at cpsa.org .

The Colored Pencil Society of America is an international art organization - obviously geared to the medium of professional grade colored pencils. They have done extensive testing and contributed to the rating of colored pencils for lightfastness.

The convention/exhibit is in Atlanta this year - and since it's going on at the same time my son is getting married, I won't be going. Of course, it was in Seattle last year, and I wasn't able to go that time either. I did get up to Seattle twice to view the exhibit live, though - that was a great experience. Maybe next year?

Summer Feast was done on sanded paper, with a watercolor pencil underpainting (neocolors) and wax pencils over the top (colorsoft and prismacolors).

2 of my boys said I should stop drawing fruit -- they thought it was boring. Just goes to show you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment