Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009




Here's my latest work in progress - this is Amber at Two - and it's ready for the fine tuning and finishing touches. The scan doesn't show the detail properly, but you get the idea.




This is 8x10 on Fisher 400 sanded paper with colored pencils. The reference image follows - as you can see, I'm not so interested in the colors from the reference image, but I do love the pose and expression. I haven't decided if I'll increase the contrast in my drawing yet - I'm liking the softer nature - especially since she's only 2...
The hair went on too red, so I lifted back what I could, went over it with a pale cool gray, and am now going back in with bits of yellow and green/browns. I still have quite a bit of work to go on the hair.




The details on her antique dress don't show in the scan well - there is much more contrast and color variation.




Hope to wrap this one up this week so I can start a new one!

4 comments:

  1. I happened onto your blog by visiting another. I just wanted to say that the likeness and the colors are rendered perfectly. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verrry nice! You have captured her nicely and that is a very difficult head angle to get, especially the eyes. But you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's amazing. Very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very nice work. I linked from Nichole's web site. I am her student in NH.

    ReplyDelete